Business Unit Manager
Company: Bureau Veritas
Posted on: November 19, 2021
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities
with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to
play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy
working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity
to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to
apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we
recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job
classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status,
sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any
other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in
employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis
of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions,
training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel
Summary: The Business Unit Manager for will have responsibility for
managing the day-to-day operational performance, P&L, and
business development for their assigned operation. Improvement of
operational processes, and providing functional guidance to
operational and business development managers in the PWS, will be a
part of the daily responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Prepare annual business plan under direction of management
based upon annual goals and annual Commercial Action Plan
- Assist in the development of KPI's for ongoing monitoring of
performance and achievement of financial performance consistent
with annual business plan.
- Identify and implement immediate and long-term strategies for
growth, improved efficiency, and reduced costs.
- Take leadership role in improving the knowledge and
understanding of business practices (financial performance) to key
- Monitor KPI's and recommend improvement initiatives to
- Monitor A/R's for each business unit and take actions to reduce
A/R's to meet established goals
- Implement and administer BV corporate financial policies,
procedures and initiatives.
- Validate 3-month and annual forecasts
- Conduct a range of trade specific plan review and inspection on
residential and commercial buildings as well as managing specific
projects assigned to the business unit.
- Manage a team of office personnel, plans examiners, and
- Monitor report on new projects wins (working with Director of
Marketing) and backlog on a monthly basis.
- Provide consistent proposal costing and contract
Key Decision Areas:
- Operational review and best practices implementation.
- Profit and Loss; Business Development
- People management to include recruiting and deployment,
- Strong leadership skills
- Business development orientation
- Business acumen, strong analytical and strategic mind
- Effective mediator of conflicts between peers, direct reports,
- Extensive experience in municipal government with a focus in
Civil Engineering, Public Works Development or Building
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to
effectively motivate and influence others.
- Proven skills for teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to explain and interpret code and related regulatory
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or Construction
Science, with 10+ years experience managing a civil engineering,
public works or code compliance operation; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Demonstrated success leading and managing multiple personnel across
a variety of operational and engineering functions (business
development and client relations, engineering design, plan review,
field inspection, etc.).
An employee in this position typically works in an office
environment with heating and air conditioning, but will regularly
travel to customer and/ or vendor work sites which will require
exposure to external environments.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds. The
vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, distance
vision and close vision.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to
assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment
opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and
application, please contact us at 1- or email us with your request
to We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau
Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas'
federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity,
please click the link below:
Keywords: Bureau Veritas, Sacramento , Business Unit Manager, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!