Company: Impact Foundry
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Description, Compensation and Benefits: Under the general
direction of the Board President, the Executive Director is
responsible for NAMI Yolo County's consistent and effective
achievement of its mission and financial objectives and for the
leadership and management of the organization within the policies
established by the Board of Directors. Responsibilities include
Administration; Planning; Budget and Finance; Program Management;
Community Representation and Outreach; Board Relations and
Communication; and Staff/Volunteer Relations. In addition, the
Executive Director supports the organization's fundraising efforts,
which are spearheaded by the Board of Directors. The Executive
Director will supervise a part-time administrative support staff
member and program volunteers.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary range is $65K-$75K, plus benefits.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties of the Executive Director reflect a combination of
Board, staff, volunteer, client and community responsibilities
including juggling multiple tasks on a daily basis, interfacing
with a variety of constituents, completing written tasks and
spending time planning for the organization's long-term
sustainability. The position involves thinking critically and
strategically, analyzing information, and making judgements,
recommendations and decisions based on data, knowledge and
experience. Specific tasks include:
- In Administration:
- Ensure organization's mission and vision are clearly defined
and communicated both internally and externally.
- Provide leadership for overall planning, positioning,
organization, and governance structure to ensure that available
resources are most effectively used to meet the needs of the
organization and clients served. o Establish a positive, healthy,
and safe work environment o Maintain official records and
documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local
regulations. o Maintain a working knowledge of significant
developments and trends in the field.
- In Planning
- Ensure the goals and objectives of the NAMI Yolo County
strategic plan are implemented.
- Report monthly to the Board of Directors on the advancement of
the strategic plan. o Develop and implement strategies that will
maximize the synergies among program areas.
- In Budget and Finance:
- Update (as needed) and implement Board-adopted accounting
policies and procedures to maintain strong financial administration
- Work with staff, Board and the Internal Committee in preparing
the annual administration, grant and Pine Tree Gardens budgets; see
that the organization operates within budget guidelines. o Ensure
that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to
carry out its work. o Monitor the budget and provide clear
financial reports for the Board's review.
- In Program Management
- Work with current program team to recruit and train sufficient
volunteers to keep support groups and education classes
- Ensure budget compliance for programs within the Yolo County
- Understand and prepare program quarterly and annual reports
required by the Yolo County grant o Ensure monthly County claims
are processed in a timely manner.
- Meet or exceed all program objectives as stipulated in the Yolo
- Develop and maintain existing relationships with granting
- Ensure data collection process system exists to maintain all
program data and inform key volunteers how and when to submit
- Develop advocacy recommendations consistent with the
Board-adopted advocacy policy to support local mental health
- Maintain a strong relationship with other local NAMI County
- In Community Representation and Outreach:
- Publicize the activities, programs, and goals of the
organization through traditional and social media activities.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative
arrangements with NAMI National and California offices as well as
Yolo County agencies.
- Represent NAMI Yolo County's programs and point of view to
agencies, organizations, and the general public. o Represent NAMI
Yolo County at social service organizations and meetings as
appropriate. o Build community awareness, confidence, and trust in
the organization and its objectives.
- In Board Relations and Communication:
- Keep the Board fully informed on the condition of the
organization and all-important factors influencing it.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to the Board for setting
or revising NAMI Yolo County goals and objectives, operating
policies, strategic plan, and grant making priorities.
- Organize preparation of monthly Executive Committee and Board
of Director meetings. o Serve as a resource to the Board in
governance issues and in their efforts to build an engaged,
diverse, and high performing board.
- In Staff/Volunteer Relations:
- Be responsible for the recruitment, hiring, onboarding,
evaluation and release of all personnel, both paid staff and
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed, regular performance
evaluations are held, and sound human resource practices are in
- Maintain a climate which attracts, retains and motivates a
diverse staff of top-quality people. o Provide steady, consistent
leadership and supervisory skills to develop a cohesive, motivated,
and engaged staff and volunteer group
- In Fund Development:
- Work with the Board of Directors to secure adequate funding for
the ongoing operation of the organization.
- Assist the Board in their fund raising efforts.
- Identify and cultivate donors to the benefit of NAMI Yolo
County's programs.Qualifications and Job Requirements: Requirements
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience as a
- Strong project management skills to organize and ensure timely
completion of complex, multifaceted projects resulting in
measurable successes and program growth.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment
to and passion for NAMI Yolo County's mission.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- A valid driver's license to travel to client offices.
- Availability to work flexible hours and overtime, including
weekends when necessary.Qualifications
- Interest in nonprofit organizations with a background in
working with or serving on a board of directors.
- Strong leadership skills as demonstrated by success in other
organizational settings, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
- Able to balance operational and staff/volunteer management
responsibilities with visibility in the community.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication
- Able to work proactively and independently, as well as part of
a team; experience working with a collaborative, constructive peer
- Able to establish and maintain excellent working relationships
with Board, volunteers and staff.
- Experience serving diverse populations
- Skills in financial management including budget oversight;
ideally in a nonprofit setting.
- Familiarity with government contracts, grants, and funding
sources and an interest in advocating with local government.
- Understanding of the basic principles of fundraising and the
role an Executive Director can play in cultivating donors,.
- Knowledge of Yolo County and/or California's mental health care
delivery system is a plus.Application Instructions: Please submit
resume and letter of interest to NAMI Yolo County Board of
Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org . Priority review date is April
21, 2021. However, applicant screening will be ongoing as the goal
is to welcome a new Executive Director as soon as possible.About
the Organization: NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, is
the nation's largest grassroots mental health organization
dedicated to improving the lives of individuals and families
affected by mental illness. NAMI Yolo County serves to carry out
this commitment at the local level, offering education and support
classes, managing a helpline for people seeking assistance with
mental health resources, and advocating on mental health-related
issues. The organization is grateful for and reliant on a large
group of dedicated volunteers who deliver many of the
organization's programs. Visit our website for details on our
programs and impact: www.namiyolo.org . Office Location Open to the
Monday - Thursday: 9am to 5pm Friday--9am to 4pm Refund Policy
If Impact Foundry cancels an event, refunds will be made in full.
If you register for an event and can't make it, Impact Foundry will
offer a credit toward future events, or issue a refund less
transaction fees. Tue Apr 6 2021, 10:00am PDT - 11:30am PDT Tue Apr
13 2021, 10:00am PDT - 12:00pm PDT Wed Apr 14 2021, 09:30am PDT -
11:00am PDT Wed Apr 14 2021, 01:00pm PDT - 02:30pm PDT
Keywords: Impact Foundry, Sacramento , Executive Director, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!