Capital Sales Manager
Company: Sequoia Surgical, Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Title: Capital Sales Manager
Location: Sacramento, California
The Capital Sales Manager is responsible for achieving
predetermined sales goals and quotas within the entire service
area. The Capital Sales Manager must establish, build, and maintain
customer relations through constant communications and in-person
appointments. The Capital Sales Manager oversees the development of
this product segment in our Sequoia Surgical geography. The Capital
Sales Manager will coordinate a team of experienced sales reps; the
right candidate must advance current customer relations and
establish new relations through constant communications and
in-person appointments alone and with team members. This position
is specifically responsible for maintaining expert knowledge of our
extensive Video, Integration, Power, and Resection portfolio and
using this information to drive personal sales while motivating
team members to do the same. The right professional will be
consulting with surgeons and staff in operating room environments
regarding the use of our equipment. We are looking for either an
established Video Manager or an individual who can demonstrate that
they are ready to take that next step into sales management. Proven
experience driving and achieving medical device sales goals and
quotas is a must. This role demands strong leadership and requires
the professional to set him or herself as an example for all team
members to follow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for meeting and exceeding sales
objectives for the territory. Represent Sequoia Surgical who is an
authorized agency of Arthrex, a leader in the Orthopedic industry,
by working with a sophisticated audience comprised of surgeons and
- Develops a Business Plan and Sales Strategy for the overall
territory that ensures attainment of company sales goals, quotas,
and profitability for Arthrex Video, Power, and Resection
- Responsible for the development and performance of Teams and
Individual Sales Associates within those Teams with regards to
Products and Techniques as well as their sales goals.
- Works closely with Medical Education Manager to ensure training
and education protocols for Sales Representatives, Territory
Managers, and New Hires.
- Initiates and coordinates Annual, Quarterly, and Monthly
Targeting & Action plan to grow business by pursuing sales of
existing and new products, including key focus products.
- Ensures all Sales Representatives meet or exceed all activity
standards for appointments, presentations, proposals, and
- Builds strong relationships and works closely with Arthrex
Regional Management to ensure the attainment of required company
sales goals and proper protocols.
- Consistently gains knowledge of competitive pricing used for
pricing approvals while striving to maintain the maximum profit
- Able to prepare detailed professional presentations regarding
current and future progress toward quota goals.
- Creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFP responses
in conjunction with the Management Team.
- Forecasts the greater Sacramento market and the timing of sales
- Uphold the mission of Arthrex, "Helping surgeons treat their
- Travel to/from client sites to deliver/pick up equipment.
- Communicate with current and new customer accounts regarding a
variety of topics, including product updates, changes to product
portfolio, and educational programs.
- Cross-sell additional products or manage new product
introductions as they become available.
- Address any problems that arise at the account level.
- Support compliance and the principles of responsibility by
maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information;
protecting the assets of the organization; acting with ethics and
integrity; reporting non-compliance; and adhering to applicable
federal, state & local laws and regulations, accreditation &
licenser requirements, and company policies & procedures.
- Maintain training in sales skills, product features/benefits,
and other critical business applications.
- Participate in and attend sales meetings and professional
association meetings outside of regular business hours, as
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds on a regular basis.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work
being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional
responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 2 Years of field experience in Orthopedic
- Demonstrated ability to relate to customers and constituents
within the orthopedic industry.
- Experienced and comfortable in making executive
- Must be able to comfortably present to 10 or more people in
- Knowledge of surgical orthopedics.
- Excellent listening skills, including the ability to identify
and isolate customers and employee concerns or objections, in
addition to excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship-building skills are required.
Relationships and Roles:
- Maintains contact with all clients in the market area to ensure
high levels of client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact and cooperate with all
agency and Arthrex employees.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and business
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or
- Microsoft Office required.
- Strong public speaking and communication skills are
- A strong sense of urgency is important.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
- Current Driver's license.
- Access to your own transportation.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to .
Keywords: Sequoia Surgical, Inc., Sacramento , Capital Sales Manager, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!