Senior Air Quality and Climate Change Manager NorCal
Company: ICF Olson
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Senior Air Quality and Climate Change Manager NorCal Senior Air
Quality and Climate Change ManagerCaliforniaAs a senior-level Air
Quality and Climate Change Specialist, you will be leading air
quality and greenhouse gas emissions inventory development, health
risk assessments, photochemical and dispersion modeling,
environmental impact analysis, climate action planning and report
preparation for land use development, infrastructure, and roadway
projects.--You will help direct and review work of ICF air quality
specialists, providing guidance, peer review support, and quality
assurance. This position may also include leadership of ICF's
Municipal Climate Action Planning Practice, including business
development to identify and position ICF to successfully bid for
new opportunities, as well as managing and overseeing climate
action plan preparation. Position available in Sacramento, San
Francisco or in Southern CA in Los Angeles, Irvine, Inland Empire
with the option to work remotely. What you will Do
- Lead the air quality and greenhouse gas analysis for complex
and controversial land use development, infrastructure, and roadway
projects and plans subject to CEQA and NEPA.
- Provide mentorship to junior level staff, including guidance in
best analytical and writing practices, as well as directly
reviewing calculations, modeling, and reports.
- Solve quantitative and qualitative problems and develop
innovative measures to avoid project-level impacts to air quality
or climate change.
- Coordinate directly with clients and their legal counsel,--air
quality management districts, and agencies to secure data,
communicate results, and discuss mitigation.
- Research and interpret air quality and climate change
legislation, rules, and legal decisions; where necessary, develop
internal and external guidance.
- Draft compelling CEQA proposals and represent the air quality
and GHG resource discipline in project interviews.
- Support our growing climate action planning practice by leading
business development and managing new projects.
- If desired, this position may include formal supervision of
staff.What you will Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental or other Earth Sciences,
Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science,
Atmospheric Science/Meteorology, Chemistry, Physics, or related
subjects with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- 10+ years of experience leading air quality and GHG impact
analyses pursuant to CEQA/NEPA.
- Fundamental understanding of state and federal air quality and
climate change environmental policy and regulation (CEQA, NEPA, SB
32, Clean Air Act, general and transportation conformity).
- Forward thinking and able to provide creative approaches for
advancing air quality and greenhouse gas emissions planning and
- Demonstrated experience with emissions (e.g., EMFAC, CT-EMFAC,
CalEEMod, OFFROAD, MOVES) and dispersion (e.g., AERMOD)
models.Professional Skills you will Need
- Ability to independently complete air quality and GHG technical
analyses, including data collection, modeling, and report
- Ability to direct and review the work of others, providing
guidance and mentorship.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and the ability to work
under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent quantitative, modeling, written, and oral
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as
outside clients and vendors.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary
and confidential information.Working at ICFWorking at ICF means
applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to
help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate,
innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented
challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around
the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open
communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to
make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find
your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.ICF is an equal
opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE -
Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability
Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information,
please read our EEO & AA policy .Reasonable Accommodations are
available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in
all phases of the application and employment process. To request an
accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be
happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept
confidential and will be used only to the extent required to
provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about
non-discrimination:-- EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement
. Sacramento, CA (CA82) ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting
services company with over 7,000 full and part-time employees, but
we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and
policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data
scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise
with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations
solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private
sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape
the future. Learn more at icf.com.
Keywords: ICF Olson, Sacramento , Senior Air Quality and Climate Change Manager NorCal, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!