Foreman/Journeyman Electrician - Facilities Field Engineer
Company: Construction Innovations
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Job DetailsLevel: ExperiencedJob Location: Construction
innovations - Facilities - Sacramento, CAPosition Type: Full
TimeJob Shift: DayTravel Percentage: Road Warrior OVERVIEW:
Construction Innovations is seeking mechanically inclined, creative
problem solvers who love to travel to serve as Field Engineers. The
Field Engineer serves as the face of Construction Innovations in
the field, working directly with clients field installation crews
to offer technical advice and support during the installation of
our unique electrical solutions. Types of projects include
commercial building and industrial projects, utility scale PV solar
plants, other renewable energy plants, substations, and high
voltage distribution/ transmission projects. The ideal candidate
possesses a strong technical background, the ability to effectively
communicate, and the ability to coordinate and schedule resources.
- Review and interpret project scope of work documents and design
- Interpret technical drawings and product information data
- Develop detailed installation plans, including supplemental
installation drawing details.
- Identify material, assemblies and sub-assemblies needed for
electrical installation and creating the associated bills of
- Participate in the development of project construction
- Guide field personnel on intended methods of installation and
- Provide leadership, including training and coaching, to Field
- Provide regular reports on construction progress to project
management team and coordinate schedule and product delivery
updates with the customer.
- Monitor and record equipment and labor productivity for on-site
installation and excavation activities.
- Identify and report change requests to the project management
team, prepare takeoffs for change request material, assist with
change request material and labor estimates, review change request
scope with electrical installation contractor, and oversee on-site
implementation of approved change requests.
- Understand and ensure electrical testing requirements are
- Provide input and support to ensure activities on-site are
conducted in a safe manner in accordance with company safety and
- Train on and perform duties in accordance with the quality
management system (QMS).
- Travel to project job sites (up to 100% working time away from
office). DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years on the job installation experience on
- Understanding of electrical materials, and construction means
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Design and/or engineering experience in electrical power and/or
distribution systems highly preferred, but not required.
- Installation experience on medium and high voltage distribution
systems or renewable energy projects highly preferred, but not
- Knowledge of renewable energy projects gained either through a
trade education or engineering degree highly preferred, but not
- Journeyman Electrician certification in CA or other state
highly preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in Accubid or Revit is a plus. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The Field Engineer primarily operates in a construction environment
which may include commercial buildings, industrial plants,
renewable energy plants, and 12kV through 230kV substations. When
on-site, you will often be in remote rural locations, possibly in
extreme weather conditions. Occasionally you will operate in the
office, an open and collaborative environment, where you will work
both independently and with the team to ensure that project
requirements are met. This position is expected to provide
exceptional service to the customer, answering questions and
ensuring that products are delivered and installed as expected,
additionally you are expected to spend significant time working
independently to accomplish tasks. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Occasionally required to sit for long and short periods of
- Regularly required to talk in order to communicate detailed,
important, and accurate instructions to internal and external
- Regularly required to walk for long and short distances.
- Frequently required to stand for sustained periods of
- Occasionally required to bend or twist at the neck and
- Occasionally required to crouching, squatting, stooping,
- Occasionally required to reach forward, grab, grasp, pinching,
handle material and tools using upper extremities.
- Frequently required to lift, push, and pull objects weighing up
- Required to have visual acuity with or without correction in
order to inspect products before and after installation.
- Constantly required to hear sounds at normal speaking levels
with or without correction. Ability to hear detailed information
and distinguish sounds to avoid hazards. REPORTING STRUCTURE:This
position reports directly to the Field Services Manager. CAREER
ADVANCEMENT: Career advancement at Construction Innovations is
possible with all positions, but is not guaranteed. Advancement
could be within the current department or to other departments
within the company. LOCATION: Construction Innovations facilities
and offices are located in Sacramento, CA and Mather, CA.
COMPENSATION: Construction Innovations pays hourly/salary rates
commensurate with each employees knowledge, experience and skill
Keywords: Construction Innovations, Sacramento , Foreman/Journeyman Electrician - Facilities Field Engineer, Engineering , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!