Product Design Engineer
Company: Balanced Body
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Balanced Body is hiring! We are seeking an experienced Product
Design/Mechanical Engineer to support our product design team.
To be successful in this position, you should be able to work
independently or in teams, take projects from inception to
production. We are looking for someone who has experience in
creating aesthetically pleasing designs that look visually pleasing
to the eye, that will excite and make someone want to grab and use
the product. As an added bonus, if you have experience in
woodworking, machining and fitness products, is a plus!
You will be working with a small engineering team with a focus on
designing high quality, artistic and cost-effective equipment as
well as production support. You should be comfortable in a fluid
environment where project priorities shift often. This is an
exciting opportunity to work with an industry leader that is
strong, stable, and environmentally sensitive. Our products are
designed and manufactured in our Sacramento location.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Work with a small team of engineers;
- Develop products and improve existing products by studying
customer requirements, researching and testing manufacturing and
assembly methods and materials, and solidifying all of that
information into a useful and financially viable product;
- Troubleshoot and propose solutions to customer issues in the
field and issues on the production line;
- Perform calculations including stress, performance, and range
of motion analysis;
- Prepare technical documentation such as qualification test
procedures, acceptance test procedures, and test reports;
- Design and build prototypes for proof of concept and design
- Quickly design, fabricate, and perform acceptance or load tests
on a wide variety of products as the need arises;
- Participate in brainstorms and creatively contribute to
mechanical and aesthetic solutions;
- Write installation instructions and provide ongoing technical
information and feedback to the marketing department as
- Participate in Engineering meetings, keeping management
informed on project progress;
- Perform other duties as required to meet the needs of Balanced
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Strong written and communication skills;
- Efficient in creating and modifying Solidworks models,
assemblies, and drawings. FEA desired not required;
- Experience working with suppliers to explore new technologies
or to resolve issues;
- Familiarity designing parts and assemblies for manufacturing;
familiar with bent sheet metal parts, aluminum extrusions, die
castings, welded parts, over-molding, CNC wood routing, and plastic
injection molding desired;
- Must be comfortable working for periods of time in production,
inspection, woodshop, or the machine shop building of test
- Able to work with production to handoff new products,
investigating product issues or improvements;
- Consumer product design or fitness equipment design is
preferred but not required;
- Woodworking experience, personal or professional, is desired
but not required.
- Regulation and compliance experience a plus;
- Strong attention to detail, observation, organizational, and
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and listening
When submitting your resume, please include a link to your online
portfolio or PDF if you have one.
The CompanyBalanced Body is the world's largest designer and
manufacturer of Pilates equipment, as well as a provider of
high-quality Pilates and other mind-body instructor training and
continuing education. We currently do business in over 100
countries, with world-renowned customer service and a serious
commitment to environmentally-friendly business practices. If you
want to work with a company with a passion for changing lives in
ways small and large, let us hear from you.
We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance - Employer Paid!
- 401k Plan + Match!
- Paid time off and holidays
Balanced Body is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to
NO AGENCY CALLS!
Keywords: Balanced Body, Sacramento , Product Design Engineer, Engineering , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!