Senior Process Control Engineer
Company: Manpower Engineering
Posted on: November 22, 2021
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Senior Process
Engineer with heavy Modicon experience. This is a 1 year contract
position embedded within a client environment. SUMMARY/SCOPE OF
- Responsible for performing system engineering for automation
process control projects based on programmable controllers,
operator/field device, instrumentation, etc.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, test of control and
automation systems working in a project team environment.
- Design, define and implement complex system requirements for
customers and/or prepare studies and analyze existing systems.
- Determine system specifications and coordinate design of
subsystems and integration of total system. This includes system
design, system engineering, hardware engineering, programming,
factory testing and site testing. Identify, analyze and resolve
program support deficiencies.
- Develop and recommend corrective actions. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Functional Supports Project Engineer with the analysis of
customer's requirements to determine the optimal process control
system solution and applicable control and safety system component
selection. Updates project engineer in regard to status of
activities, performance to schedule and budget
- May provides on-site process control system start-up as
required. Leadership: Provide verbal and written reports to
communicate project status as required and contribute to project
- Visit internal/external panel manufacturing facilities to
assess progress, provide technical assistance and for final
inspection and sign off.
- Coordinates work package execution with remote or third-party
resources, reviews quality of work and ensures compliance to
- Interpersonal: Team player with the ability to integrate with
other team project members o Interfaces with internal and external
stakeholders during project execution
- Business: Participate in technical execution of projects with a
combined value of up to $500k with multiple projects
- Responsible for meeting project schedule, engineering hour
budgets, and customer satisfaction targets for own activities in
support of the project team.
- Review project hardware/software for compliance with applicable
codes/standards and assure personnel/machinery safety practices are
fully implemented.QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in engineering
discipline or equivalent Minimum of 5 years related experience in
control systems engineering which relates to industrial automation
systems (BPCS, CCS, SIS, BMS, HIPPS). Minimum of 5 years related
experience in electrical design, including schematics and panel
layout; programming PLC's and HMI's or DCS. Ability to design
utilizing ACAD electrical (optional).Familiarity with IT
infrastructure (Microsoft Server), virtualization (vMware, thin
clients), and database (OSI-PI, SQL) set-up, configuration and
deployment o Knowledge of process control fundamentals (control
loops, loop tuning, instrumentation, control valves, interpretation
of P&ID) Knowledge of Rockwell Automation Logic Solvers (BPCS
and/or Safety Systems). Knowledge of Network for Industrial
Automation Systems (Design, configuration and troubleshoot of Layer
2 switches, routers and firewalls). Knowledge of codes and
standards applicable to industrial control systems including the
NEC, NFPA 72, 85, 86, IEC61511, IEC 61508, API 14C and UL508A.
Keywords: Manpower Engineering, Sacramento , Senior Process Control Engineer, Engineering , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!