Consumer Loan Servicing - CLS Technician II
Company: Golden1 Credit Union
Posted on: November 22, 2021
JOB TITLE: Consumer Loan Servicing Technician II DEPARTMENT:
Consumer Loan Servicing-- STATUS: Non-Exempt JOB CODE:1524 GENERAL
DESCRIPTION:Perform duties to support advanced operational
functions for the servicing and maintenance of loan products,
vehicle titling and equity releases. Investigate and take
appropriate action for credit discrepancies contained in documents
submitted by members. Communicate through phone or email with
members, staff, vendors, and third parties to provide assistance on
complex issues. Provide support to the leadership as needed. TASKS,
- Process all complex requests submitted through the Consumer
Loan Servicing Queues, email inboxes and faxes.-- Investigate and
correct credit reporting, equity releases and vehicle titling
issues in an accurate, timely and professional manner as
- Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team
member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and
growth, and leadership.-- Inspire others through words and actions;
ensure positive employee morale throughout Golden 1, by embracing
our mission, vision and core values.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and
regulations related to credit union compliance, including bank
secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the
- Research incomplete or inaccurate equity and vehicle payoff
checks.-- Work with appropriate parties to obtain missing paperwork
and payoff shortages as required and according to credit union
- Work, create and analyze reports necessary to ensure work is
completed according to required timelines, procedures and
regulations.-- Perform necessary research and actions based on
report findings, notifying management of status, any issues and
- Monitor active accounts protected by the Servicemembers Civil
Relief Act to ensure continued compliance.-- Perform follow-up on
aging, outstanding titles and equity releases and work with
appropriate parties.-- Recommend and take appropriate actions
- Identify and implement process efficiencies and submit
procedural updates for approval.-- Identify and resolve issues that
arise outside of the normal course of business.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate auto loan titling documentation
based on DMV requirements and apply knowledge of titling procedures
to submit consumer loan paperwork.
- Evaluate and ensure the DMV paperwork is accurate, complete and
- Review required paperwork for truthfulness and
- Apply fraud detection and prevention techniques.
- Process complete paperwork through DMV Desk to complete the
- Provides high-level support and technical assistance to the
Contact Center, Branches, Member Care and other departments,
focusing on ensuring the complete and accurate DMV paperwork is
- Responsible for extensive and complex communication with
members, dealers, financial institutions, vendor/partners and motor
vehicle departments for problem resolution for pending titles and
- Handles high volume inbound phone calls from external and
internal members while still being required to maintain additional
- Organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
while being detailed oriented.
- Responds to members via incoming and outgoing calls as well as
through alternative channels.
- Obtains and verifies loan payoff information from external
- Always provides prompt, courteous, internal and external
Exceptional Member servicing in a professional.
- Participates and contributes to a positive teamwork
environment, which encourages team commitment to corporate,
division, and departmental goals.
- Responds to Consumer Loan Servicing research requests within
- Must demonstrate functional knowledge of all compliance courses
on an annual basis and must review and pass all regulatory tests
and courses pertaining to their job functions including internal
credit union policies.
- Must be able to perform amortizations of Consumer Loans.
- Full servicing of HELOC accounts, such as producing payoff
requests, posting payoff checks, preparing reconveyances,
researching and satisfying member phone calls, emails and other
forms of correspondence.
- Oversee departmental functions by working with co-workers to
ensure all work is completed on time, according to credit union
policies and as governed by regulatory requirements.
- Perform training, support and guidance for all new CLS
- Provide additional support throughout the department and
perform other tasks and duties as needed. PHYSICAL SKILLS,
ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to
assist staff, members, and third parties.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate
an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment,
such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine
and telephone.---- ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL:--All levels of staff.
- EXTERNAL:--Members, vendors and third parties.
- EDUCATION: Successful completion of High School curriculum and
/ or equivalent work experience.
- EXPERIENCE: 2 or more years at a financial institution
performing customer service, check posting, extensive research
investigating, report creation and analysis, credit report review,
analysis and correction, vehicle titling and/or real estate
- Extensive knowledge of California DMV motor vehicle regulations
pertaining to vehicle titling and release regulations, credit
dispute requirements and/or real estate reconveyance processes,
- Knowledge of electronic DMV titling and requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent telephone skills.--
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.--
- Knowledge of credit union policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task is required.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent business interaction skills.
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Possess and use sound judgment.
- Accuracy is a must.
- Working knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office software
or other standard office equipment.
- Excellent follow-up skills.
- Ability to work independently. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Hearing within normal range.-- A device to enhance hearing will
be provided if needed.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to
interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
- Extensive PC data entry and processing throughout the
- May require minimal travel, local and statewide by car or
public conveyance for Credit Union business
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS:-- Possess a valid California driver---s
Keywords: Golden1 Credit Union, Sacramento , Consumer Loan Servicing - CLS Technician II, Engineering , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!