Data Engineer SOM: Neurology Davis Campus - 12842
Company: University of California - Davis Medical Centers
Posted on: November 23, 2020
The Department of Neurology conducts basic and clinical research on
the nervous system and provides clinical care for people with
neurological disorders, such as Alzheimer's disease and other forms
of dementia, epilepsy, movement disorders like Parkinson's and
Huntington's diseases, tremor, dystonia, multiple sclerosis,
neuromuscular conditions, headache, and sleep disorders.
Final Filing Date
$6,150.00 - $12,991.67
Percentage of Time
8am 5pm; Monday Friday
Neurosciences Building Campus
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental,
and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent
retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and
reduced fee and scholarship programs.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
The Imaging of Dementia & Aging Laboratory (IDeA Lab) is located at
University of California, Davis campus. Faculty members hold
appointments both in the Center for Neuroscience and with the
Department of Neurology at the UC Davis School of Medicine. The
focus of the lab is the investigation of the biological basis of
neurodegenerative diseases and cognitive changes associated with
aging. In particular, we study Alzheimer's Disease, Vascular
Dementia, and Parkinson's Disease. The primary imaging techniques
that we have been using are magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and
positron emission tomography (PET).
As a data engineer at the IDeA lab you will work alongside a
machine learning engineer and an applications engineer as a major
contributor to our on-premises computational and data
infrastructure. The primary responsibility of the data engineer
will be the migration of our data archives from organized
directories to a managed data system that you will design,
implement, and maintain. This system will include workflow
management of ETL (extract, transform, load) and analysis
pipelines, and require your involvement in related responsibilities
such as user access, data storage, quality assurance,
documentation, and administration.
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field.
* Minimum of 3-years of recent data engineering experience.
* Minimum of 3-years of recent experience developing in Python.
* Minimum of 2-years of recent experience in building and
* Minimum of 1-year of recent experience developing ETL (extract,
transform, load) pipelines.
* Minimum of 1-year of recent experience with workflow management
systems (i.e. Airflow).
* Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
* Experienced working independently and cooperatively, under
limited direction, in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
* Experienced in applying best practices of software development
and data security throughout your work Experienced in picking up
and/or delegating a small number of ad-hoc tasks while staying
focused on the critical path of a project.
* Master of Science in Computer Science or related field with 1-3
years of relevant data engineering experience.
* Recent experience with highly available internal cloud service
* Recent experience with distributed systems and service-oriented
* Recent Experience working in a Linux command line
* Recent experience with many part of web development stack.
* This position may be subject to a criminal background
investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical
evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or
other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination
Keywords: University of California - Davis Medical Centers, Sacramento , Data Engineer SOM: Neurology Davis Campus - 12842, Engineering , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!