Administrative and Accounting Assistant
Company: California Coalition Against Sexual Assault
Posted on: February 16, 2020
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the supervision of the Administrative Manager, this position
is responsible for both Administrative and Accounting duties.
General duties include office, finance and coordination of
CALCASA's Sacramento Office. This support includes, but is not
limited to; accounting and finance, management of all filing/record
keeping systems related to finance, contracts and vendor
information, general administrative support and receptionist
duties. This position will contribute to the efficient functioning
of the office and will work closely with the finance department to
ensure effective and efficient operations. This is a full- time
(w/full benefit package) non-exempt position based in our
- Answer and route all incoming telephone calls
- Inventory and order supplies and maintain, keep supply room
organized at all times
- Maintain and update voice mail/phone system and front door
passcodes for staff
- Maintain and update staff directory
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, bulk mailings, pack and
mail materials to various locations.
- Maintain organized office filing system (paper and electronic)
for agency files
- Assist in archiving older files for electronic or physical
storage in compliance with the agency's funders
- Maintain and keep up professional appearance in conference
room/general reception area on a daily basis.
- Ensure timely maintenance and repair of office equipment
- Review job applications and job descriptions
- Schedule job interviews
- Process accounts payable and receivable in Quick Books
- Reconcile invoices and cash deposits
- Reconcile credit cards monthly
- Check company credit card expense reports for accuracy on a
- Track and follow up on aged receivables
- Process and maintain spreadsheets in Excel
- Enter cash receipts
- Maintain Grant files to ensure current documentation is in
- Maintain vendor contracts, subcontracts and fee for service
agreements to ensure payments match and a W9 is on file for each
- Process invoices for all sub-recipient grantees and ensure
accuracy of all documentation
- Maintain and ensure that all sub-recipient compliance documents
are complete and in order
- Audit timesheets/leave forms for payroll
- Track "use tax" monthly and post to general ledger
- Check for accuracy in figures, postings and reports
- Assist with special accounting projects Administrative
Assist Administrative Manager with daily tasks and other duties and
projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 3-5 years
professional experience in the field of accounting and
- Ability to type 40 wpm with speed and accuracy.
- Excellent organization skills are a must! Ability to be
flexible and prioritize tasks.
- Professional phone skills and able to use voicemail.
- Experience in office systems, office equipment and software
programs, including Windows, QBs, Microsoft Office Systems, online
fax system, postage meter, copiers, network systems, and more.
- Demonstrated experience in bookkeeping and accounting
functions, such as processing invoices, accounts payables, accounts
- Must have a basic understanding of debits and credits.
- Demonstrated experience in Excel and QuickBooks is highly
- Ability to be bonded.
- Experience in creating, managing, and maintaining accurate and
organized filing systems (both electronic and physical files).
- Maintain cooperative and professional demeanor with staff,
board of directors, RCC members and funders.
- Must possess strong interpersonal customer-service skills,
teamwork approach and demonstrate sensitivity to working with
- Demonstrate initiative and self-motivation.
- Must be detailed-oriented and able to maintain confidential and
- Possession of a valid California driver license and
availability of a vehicle for business and maintain auto liability
coverage as required by law.
- Accept and abide by the mission and philosophy of CALCASA.
Full benefit package details upon interview.
Keywords: California Coalition Against Sexual Assault, Sacramento , Administrative and Accounting Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!