Company: Building Material Distributors, Inc.
Posted on: January 14, 2018
Job DescriptionWe are currently searching for a Staff Accountant in Galt, California to join our growing organization and department!WHAT YOU'LL DOOrganize and direct general accounting activities related to areas of responsibility, including the budgeting process, maintaining accounting systems to ensure the proper accounting and recording of company resources, creating and posting journal entries to the general ledger, reviewing the general ledger and preparing monthly financial statements and analysis, performing quarterly physical inventory test counts and payroll.
- Study and collect data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, etc. to determine effects on cost
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts
- Conduct physical inventories and monitor cycle count program
- Reconcile finished goods inventories
- Responsible for recording and maintaining Fixed Assets for the manufacturing company, including recording monthly depreciation and annual Property Tax returns
- Process monthly accruals and amortization of prepaid expenses journal entries
- Responsible for the Month end close of the General Ledger in manufacturing ERP system as well as assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger for the parent company
- Payroll processing
- Maintaining manufacturing ERP system
- Participates in creating the annual working budget for the company
- Support audits with outside accountants and banks.
- Works with insurance companies to maintain insurance policies
- Prepare various tax returns/work papers for municipalities and other jurisdictions
- Performs other duties as requested by the Assistant Corporate ControllerWHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE TABLEEducation and Experience Required:
- B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance, and 2-3 years of general accounting experience (manufacturing accounting experience a plus); possesses a strong understanding of general accounting principlesComputer Skills:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, particularly with Microsoft Excel and Word; able to work with the ASW / JWALK system, menu-based applications, and various financial software; must be able to quickly and accurately enter data into the computer system and be proficient in 10-keyCompany DescriptionBMD is 100% employee owned!Employee Owners share in the company's profitability through its Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). The ESOP ownership concept starts at orientation and continues throughout the Employee Owner's career at BMD. The Company supports a collaborative team work environment, open two-way communication, balanced family-work life, and performance-based recognition and rewards.Since becoming an ESOP organization in 1991, BMD has earned various awards and has been recognized by the ESOP community both regionally and nationally. Annually we recognize a select group of employees who exemplify employee ownership and serve as role models for others. We also provide hands-on and financial support to our communities. BENEFITSTwo Retirement Plans: Employee Stock Ownership Plan401(K) Plan with a Company MatchHealth InsuranceDental InsuranceVision InsuranceLong-term Disability Insurance Life InsuranceEmployee Assistance ProgramFlexible Plan (FSA)Paid Time Off:HolidaysVacationSick LeaveJury DutyBereavementCollege Scholarships for DependentsDiscounted Product PurchasesEmployee Referral ProgramLength of Service AwardsEducational Assistance
Keywords: Building Material Distributors, Inc., Sacramento, Accountant, Accounting, Auditing, Galt, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!