Dean of Student Services and Enrollment
Company: Los Rios Community College District
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Job Posting Title Dean of Student Services and Enrollment
Location Los Rios Community College District (Cosumnes River
Department Location Student Services
Posting Number AE00741P
Cosumnes River College ( CRC ) values diversity, focuses on
creativity and personal enrichment, and empowers students to reach
their full potential as informed and productive members of the
community. CRC is a leader in innovative ideas and sustainable
values. One of the four colleges of the Los Rios Community College
District, Cosumnes River College seeks candidates who are
knowledgeable about the impact of implicit bias in teaching and
learning, and who implement culturally responsive teaching
techniques and effective practices for engaging students.
Serving south Sacramento County and Elk Grove since 1970, CRC's
main campus and its Elk Grove center provide a dynamic learning
environment for more than 14,000ethnically and racially diverse
students. One of the top ten most diverse two-year public colleges
in the nation (noted in the Almanac of Higher Education, Fall
2015), CRC is a student-centered, open-access community college
dedicated to preparing students for an ever-changing future.
CRC awards Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees,
Associate degrees for Transfer, Career Education certificates, and
transfer credit for students who intend to continue their education
at a four-year college or university. Our 200+ programs include
automotive technology, radio, television and film, allied health,
veterinary technology, and architecture and design technology,
With a focus on improving completion outcomes for all students,
programs like the Puente Project, Umoja DIOP Scholars, and Native
American Higher Ed Resources, look to increase the number of
Latinx, African-American, and Native American students who complete
a degree, certificate and/or transfer to four-year colleges and
universities. Student support services and programs including CARE
, EOPS , Enriched Scholars, and First-Year Experience enhance the
ability of all students to complete college. CRC is recognized as a
Hispanic-Serving Institution ( HSI ) and as an Asian American and
Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution ( AANAPISI
CRC strives to be an exemplary and innovative community college
that empowers students and employees to strengthen the cultural,
social, economic, and environmental well-being of their
Under general direction of the Chief Student Services Officer, the
Dean of Enrollment and Student Services serves as a key equity
leader charged with delivering service excellence with the focus on
equitable outcomes to institution-wide enrollment, retention,
persistence and completion efforts. The Dean oversees high school
to college access programs, Outreach and Recruitment, Welcome
Center, Admissions and Records, Veteran Services, International
Students Services, TRIO Upward Bound Program. The Dean is
responsible for coordinating CRC's online support services and
incorporating higher education and community college best practices
into the vision and strategy of the division.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing equity-centered leadership for the development of
programs and services designed to assure student access, ease of
entry and successful transition to college.
- Organizing outreach plans, prospects outreach and follow-up for
feeder schools and community agencies; designing and implementing a
tracking and evaluation system to evaluate the progress of students
from recruitment through enrollment.
- Researching student success and retention systems; developing
and coordinating implementation of effective student recruitment
and retention plan.
- Directing the development, improvement and expansion of high
school to college transition programs; provides faculty training;
collaborating with instructional and student services leaders to
assure student services are appropriately integrated with
- Providing leadership in developing and implementing a dual
- Directing the development, implementation, and evaluation
activities related to articulation with secondary schools.
- Monitoring and evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of
service delivery methods and procedures both online and in-person;
identifying opportunities for improvement; implementing
- Ensuring and maintaining accurate budget records, tracking
program funding allocations and expenditures to ensure compliance
with legal mandates, and maintaining appropriate records for
responsible programs including management information system ( MIS
- Expanding the scope of services and activities available for
Veterans and their families; developing partnerships with
veteran-serving external agencies.
- Providing leadership to enhance the use of technology and
developing innovative technology solutions in all assigned areas,
including degree audit.
- Selecting, developing, motivating, and evaluating assigned
personnel; providing and coordinating staff training; working with
employees towards improvement, when necessary.
- Responding to and resolving student inquires and
- May be assigned to serve as the college's Grievance Officer,
Conduct Officer or Title IX Officer based upon divisional
assignment and incumbent will act in accordance with all Los Rios,
state and federal regulations and policies specific to the
associated review and investigative processes.
- Coordinating with the Public Information Officer in the
production of outreach, recruitment and other materials and
messages for students and the community.
- Maintaining liaison with community agencies, schools, special
programs and interest groups; participating in community
affairs/events, as feasible.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Work Year 12 month
The assignment may include day, evening, weekend, and/or off-campus
Total Hrs per Week/Day
- Have a master's degree in any field. All degrees must be from
an accredited institution completed by January 1, 2023.
- Have one year of formal training, internship, or leadership
experience reasonably related to the administrator's administrative
- Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to
and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students, including those with
physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in
learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive
educational and employment environment.
Applicant must meet the minimum qualifications of a faculty
discipline at the college. To review the minimum qualifications for
faculty disciplines, refer to Minimum Qualifications for Faculty
and Administrators' in California Community Colleges which can be
found at the California Community Colleges website then "Minimum
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete fully
- Los Rios Community College District Application
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed
above, will be disqualified.
- Applicants indicating "see resume" on the application will not
have that referenced experience considered for minimum
qualifications, which may lead to the application being
- Applicants, including current Los Rios Community College
District employees, are required to provide official transcripts,
if required to meet the minimum qualifications for the
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts within
60 days of the time of hire.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be
accepted as official transcripts.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course
work at an institution in a country other than the United States
must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees,
and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign
course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary
placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a
college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE
(Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or
NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services)
agencies or evaluators. For additional information on foreign
transcript evaluations click here .
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Salary $151,276 per year LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information Additional stipend for an earned
doctorate from an accredited university.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Date 12/22/2022
Closing Date 01/30/2023
Open Continuously No
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Full-time, Educational Administrative Position.
Beginning on (or about) April 13, 2023.
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete
information on how to apply online with our District. If you need
assistance with any phase of the application process, please call
(916) 568-3112 during regular business hours 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
PST , Monday through Friday.
After hour inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu.
Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance
from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and
proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional
qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur.
When education is a requirement for the position, official academic
transcripts from the accredited college/university must be
submitted within 60 days of hire.
For the latest information on the COVID Vaccine mandate, please
visit the COVID Vaccine Requirements informational page.
Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates
selected for a face-to-face interview may be eligible to apply for
partial reimbursement of travel expenses. For candidate travel
reimbursement information, click here .
Administrative positions may be subject to the District's Conflict
of Interest Code, and a statement of economic interest is required
within thirty (30) days following appointment to the position.
Management/Executive positions are exempt from overtime provisions
of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Can you perform the essential functions of the position you
are applying to with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering
the question below, I certify that the information provided by me
is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and
belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained
herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I
release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing
such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form "Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime",
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form
https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf and attach
the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- * I acknowledge and agree that I have read, that I understand
and I meet the minimum qualifications for this position. I
understand that I am required to provide official transcripts, if
required to meet the minimum qualifications for the position,
within 60 days from the time of hire. I also understand that
individuals who have completed college or university course work at
an institution in a country other than the United States must
obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and
other relevant documents. For additional information on foreign
- * Please copy and paste the the link -
- into a web browser. Read and review the CRC Statement concerning
the value of cultural competence and choose the appropriate
response. I have reviewed the CRC Statement Concerning the Value of
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to -
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Comunidad
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - Asian Pacific Islander Legacy (API)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association
- LRCCD Resource Group - Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Works
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1 Optional Documents
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime
- Employee Request for Transfer Form
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
Keywords: Los Rios Community College District, Sacramento , Dean of Student Services and Enrollment, Accounting, Auditing , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!