Company: American Medical Response
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job title: Billing Assistant
General summary of duties: The Billing Assistant would provide
support to the Students Accounts Representative in various aspects
of billing for GMR Learning, NCTI, IHM, and College of Emergency
Services to include, but not limited to processing invoices,
posting payments, compiling reports, and completing daily payment
Supervisor: National Manager of Business Administration
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
Job responsibilities and knowledge
* NCTI / IHM / CES: Compile daily transactions, reconcile from
website and post to Campus and/or QuickBooks
* Assist the Student Accounts Representative with Bank of America
"in house" processing for all sites and CES Bank of the West bank
* NSF checks: Payments in Campus and QuickBooks are adjusted to
reflect NSF status. Adjusting entries are made in the Daily
* Short Term Course Invoicing for Professional Education and
National GMR Learning
* Kaiser Invoicing
* Enter Voucher registrations from website into QuickBooks
* Process Student withdrawals and dismissals, as needed
* Process Student Refunds, as needed
* Long term invoicing, as needed
* Serve as a backup to the California CVA School Certifying
* Process and follow up on Collections accounts
* Review Credit Balances in QuickBooks accounts and Campus accounts
for credit balances.
* Review & Resolve Credit Card Challenges
* Answer phone calls from students with questions regarding their
payments or balance due.
* Keep all filing organized for Daily Receipts.
* Perform additional duties as assigned.
* Establishes and maintains positive working relationships within
the organization based on experience and feedback obtained during
* Utilizes tact and appropriate problem-solving process when
dealing with issues identified.
* Relays concerns and initiates problem solving in a timely
* Interacts positively with staff members, agency personnel, and
* Uses discretion and maintains confidentiality regarding student
* Executes job duties to achieve optimal productivity and
* Demonstrates an appreciation of cost factors in the routine
performance of duties; maximizes cost efficiency; implements
resource management strategies.
* Regularly reviews Accounts Receivable balances to minimize bad
* Responds and adapts to changing expectations and reprioritizes as
* Assumes responsibility for effectively addressing issues and
* Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by
written or verbal instructions.
* Cooperates with intradepartmental problem identification and
Knowledge, skills & abilities
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and
* Ability to work with other employees, supervisors, and external
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information
gained as result of job functions.
* Ability to work independently and under pressure.
* Demonstrates accuracy and proficiency in use of computer and
software programs used by the organization.
* Ability to establish and maintain long-term customer
relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting
and exceeding expectations.
* High School or GED diploma required
* Experience with accounts receivable functions preferred.
* Experience with QuickBooks software preferred.
* Two years of experience in front office/customer service
Licensure/certification: Certified EMT or Paramedic
Physical demands/working conditions: Requires prolonged sitting,
lifting, and bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires eye-hand
coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard,
photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment.
Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare
and communicate appropriate reports. Work is performed in an office
environment. Work may be stressful at times.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Keywords: American Medical Response, Sacramento , Billing Assistant, Accounting, Auditing , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!