Sr IT Auditor
Company: Golden 1 Credit Union
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Our headquarters in Sacramento contains the core functions that
support our mission to deliver financial solutions with value,
convenience and exceptional service to our members. JOB TITLE: Sr
IT Auditor DEPARTMENT: Audit Services STATUS: EXEMPT JOB CODE: 4201
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the VP - Audit
Services, responsible for planning, coordinating and executing
general and information technology audits including operations,
applications, operating systems, database systems, host systems
(teller platform), PC security systems, network systems, and
telecommunications. This includes working with information
technology personnel to identify risks, communicate and collaborate
with management on observations and recommendations to strengthen
controls, draft reports with observations and recommendations, and
document work performed. Leads the planning and performance of
assigned audits to provide all levels of management and the
Supervisory Committee with independent analysis, evaluations and
recommendations. Acts as Lead to Internal IT Audit staff to
coordinate and support team efforts in different audit initiatives
and engagements. Serves as an internal audit staff resource on
assignments impacted by technical information system risks. Must
demonstrate collaborative nature in working with client to
communicate and develop mitigation strategies to address risks
identified. TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Participate in IT audit universe identification and risk
assessment to assist in the development of the annual audit
- Determine and establish appropriate audit scope and control
objectives for the areas under review. Evaluate the systems of
control to determine the areas of highest risk using accepted risk
management techniques. Develop audit plans that utilize allocated
hours and resources to address high-exposure areas within audit
- Lead assigned staff to ensure timely, accurate, and complete
risk/control conclusions, workpapers and reports that are in
accordance with department procedures and expectations.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and
regulations related to credit union compliance including bank
secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the
- Design and execute audit programs to validate relevant control
objectives, document the results, and report to management
regarding the adequacy of their internal controls.
- Identify audit issues, develop collaborative audit
recommendations and draft audit reports under limited
- Provide independent evaluations of IT controls, security,
policies, and procedures.
- Perform and coordinate follow-up audits to determine if
management has taken action to mitigate risks identified.
- Where appropriate, consult on new IT systems acquisitions to
assist in ensuring that the adequacy of controls are considered
- Provide guidance to the audit team in the application of audit
methodologies and risk assessment. Provide feedback to Internal
Audit management of team/staff work performance.
- Participate in fraud and special investigations as
- Develop client relationships.
- Provide assistance and training to other staff members in the
technical aspects of IT systems and operations and data base query
languages such as ACL.
- Assist external auditors in their annual review as needed.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE
PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Frequent use of personal computer to prepare and analyze audit
- Effective oral and written communication skills to complete
audit reports and analysis and to make oral presentations to the
Supervisory Committee, Management, and staff. ORGANIZATIONAL
CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: All levels from Senior Vice President to staff, and
- EXTERNAL: External auditors, vendors. QUALIFICATIONS:
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree related in Audit and/or Computer
Science. Certified Internal Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified
Information System Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified
Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred. (Pursuit of CISA, CISSP, CIA or
equivalent is required.)
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 to 7 years of progressive IT or IT
audit experience, or other auditing work within a financial
institution, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
At least 5 years as an internal auditor, or equivalent. Banking,
Credit Union, or other Financial Services industry experience
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Knowledge and/or practical experience with
general computer controls (change management, incident management,
disaster recovery, information integrity, capacity planning,
security administration, vendor management, etc.), firewalls,
intrusion detection. Familiarity with PCI Compliance requirements a
plus. Familiarity with COBIT and COSO techniques and methodologies,
IT auditing theory, IT systems acquisitions, Project Management,
computerized information systems and applications, administrative
and IT systems controls, computer operations, PC hardware, PC
software, audit software (including CCH Team Mate, ACL), electronic
banking equipment. Strong skills in Microsoft Office, email, Visio,
etc. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will
be provided if needed.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to
interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: Possession of a valid California driver's
license is desirable but not essential. IND1 We appreciate your
interest in joining the Golden 1 team! If you are selected to
participate in the interview process we will contact you. Other
details Job Family Senior Professional Job Function Senior
Professional Pay Type Salary Apply Now
Keywords: Golden 1 Credit Union, Sacramento , Sr IT Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!